Conditions of Entry
The course will be confirmed a week before the event and will depend on water flow around the property and anticipated weather conditions.
Preparation, risks and injury – I acknowledge and understand that:
- Running is a strenuous physical activity and I am responsible for all training and preparation for this event;
- I will not participate if I have a pre-existing condition that is likely to be exacerbated by participation in this event
- There is a risk of injury when participating on the day.
- Even though the organizers and the participants will be doing their best to ensure no one gets hurt, there is still the possibility of injury.
- Safety precautions undertaken by the organisers of the event are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
- There will be mud and obstacles as part of the course which is in a rural setting so that I may be exposed to dirt, mud and water of varying depths, farm animal excrement, branches, logs, sticks, snake bite, barbed wire, and uneven surfaces.
- Some of the activities include climbing, lifting, wading, and crawling.
- I may be accidentally injured whilst running, jumping, catching or even standing still.
- There will be a lot of people running, racing and moving quickly.
- I do not have to participate, and do so of my own free will.
Children – I will supervise my children at the venue. If I have a child aged under 10 in the 5km or 7.5km event, I will accompany and supervise them within arms reach. If I have a child aged under 10 in the 2.5km event, I acknowledge that it is recommended that I accompany and supervise them within arms reach. If I have a child aged under 5 in the 2.5km event, I will accompany and supervise them within arms reach.
Pets – I will not bring animals/pets to the event.
Medical treatment – I consent to myself and/or child receiving first aid and/or medical treatment which may be advisable in the event of illness or injury suffered by me or my child during the event.
Privacy – I give permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
Registration Fees and Fundraising – Registration fees aim to raise money for Milawa Primary School and Oxley Primary School. All registration fees are not refundable except on provision of a medical certificate. The organisers reserve the right to cancel if the weather conditions are considered too dangerous to proceed.
Acknowledgement and Waiver – I acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the conditions of entry. I accept the risk of injury as a condition of my entry in the Milawa & Oxley Fox Run. I agree to abide by the conditions of entry. I will follow all reasonable directions of the organisers of this event. I waive all and any claim, right or cause of action that my heirs or I might have for or arising out of loss of life, injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever, that I may suffer in my participation in the Milawa & Oxley Fox Run.